Saturday, July 29, 2006

On a Spanish and Italian Search...

Im still on a spanish and italian sampler search, if anyone who reads the post can help me please email me or post comment. What Im looking for mostly are historical samplers either published or by designers. I have searched Scarlet Letter, found two nice samplers, and there is the reproduction Mexian Sampler byWild-Heart Designs "Dance of Ancestors" and more recently Diane Jourdan's of Sampler Cover "Sampler Rouge" which lovely! it is due to be released this week. For original designs with a spanish flavor, there is again Wild Heart's Spanish Wine. Another original design, is The Spanish Sampler, by Sampler Workes An last but not least this spot design, which I think has spanish flare.. Examplar Dames "Trinity".

Im in seach of as many books for reference I can find, but I'm either not googling it correctly or doing something wrong all together. So if my fellow readers can help me I would certainly appreciate. Mayte of MagicXStitch has helped me enormously..

So now you might wonder why am I in search of Spanish, Mexican, Cuban, or Italian samplers.. well I'll tell you. Its a comfort thing. Im a devout Catholic, in a parish of postly, early cuban and puerto rican refugee's that came to this country after Fidel took over threw Batista. The parish was also home to large Italian population, who were fleeing the poverty after WWII. Their children where my friends (one most importantly was my son's godmother) an so it goes... that I learned their customs, broke bread and can speak Italian and Spanish. We all went to parochial school together.. and my aunt's lived in their neighborhood.. so that's the story, it feels like home...

For me it all goes back to that "Nature vs Nurture" that raised us and made us. I know my gene pool which is nature, but what makes me "Me" is nurture.. my parents and my environment...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home